ADVERTISEMENT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Good Bye favorite Spot

And so the new skaters discovered the longboards at Zumiez and other local board shops which carry quite a few extensive selection of longboards. And they started bombing our treasured bike trail during the day. Not just one skater, but several. Handing out flyers, meeting there on the weekends. So that everyone could see how bad they are. My friend and I imformed the newbs they were blowing it. That we bomb the Bike trail during noon time when it is HOT out there and nobody even walks out there or better yet, Under the cover of darkness. And that we had been skating the Bike trail since 2000. They imformed us they had arrived and they were BAD!!!. Damm. This place is about to go B U S T. And it did. Kids bombing the hill in the middle of the day when parents walk with their baby carridges, kids on trycycles. And enter the Police Dept down their in droves handing out citations. The ambulance carrying out a new longboarder who broke his leg after he got the wobs and ran down the hill and ate it. That was the last straw. Why is it that every new guy that discovers longboarding feels that he has found God and must tell everyone of his friends, tell them about their new ideas about where to ride. Us. Well we still ride out there. Just laying low for a while. The sad thing is they just keep multiplying. And then they wonder why we don't share our spots with them. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Strangers on the internet who can't mind their own business and try to teach skateboarders through the computer screen from thousands of miles away. They sit in their underwear and mustard covered wife beater... I would rather spend time skateboarding than sit around and keyboard race. No Trolls Allowed!

2. ADVERTISEMENT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Good Bye favorite Spot

Sorry to hear this man, all the dude bros with sand wedges and sidewinders wants to go fast I guess..... It's unfortunate that the spot is ruined... hopefully LE lightens up in the future and the new groms learn to skate within their skill level.
    SODA FACTORY/OJOOM

No Coast

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Spend time outside of comfort-zone, but well within limit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's sad bro.
    there's this small hill at a bike trail close to me.
    you can easily hit 25 on. which is rare in florida.
    all these kids come by on originals, getting wobs on the way down.
    i hope they don't blow it.
    I'm a professional video editor/motion artist, have any questions PM me.

Tampa Longboard Society

I like to shower naked sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is for this exact reason I know about 25 different places to skate in my city and i only show groms like 4 of them, my friends about 19 of them and I keep about 6 all to myself because I know at some point my runs will start getting blown out and frankly I put in so many hours hunting for hills it gets to be frustrating only being able to ride a new spot for 3 weeks before its blown out.
    Brandon Bean

http://valhallalongboards.com/
    http://rednik.com/

Addicted Cruiser brooklynbomber718's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you still hit it at night though, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by LesbiansAreGay View Post
    I wear helmets on the same basis as i do condoms, if ****'s looking risky strap up.... but if you've been hitting the same road you been hitting for the last month there's no reason to act like a stranger
    Quote Originally Posted by cvcdx View Post
    I skate to get off, not to get hurt...
    Quote Originally Posted by animal chin View Post
    The hightailer listens to metal.
    i'm Ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midnight runs. Take about 6 runs and get out A S A P. No attention, No Police. We don't exist. Tis the Nature of the Beast. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.
    Strangers on the internet who can't mind their own business and try to teach skateboarders through the computer screen from thousands of miles away. They sit in their underwear and mustard covered wife beater... I would rather spend time skateboarding than sit around and keyboard race. No Trolls Allowed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im surprised they give you any trouble seeing as its a bike path.
    Brandon Bean

http://valhallalongboards.com/
    http://rednik.com/

Wumbologist I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take a slightly different approach. Of course nobody likes blown out spots but at the same time, i want longboarding--specifically "real" longboarders--to grow. So i show noobs all of the spots i thnk they are capable of, and tell them if they blow out any of our spots they will not be shown any more.

I hate playing god and giving off that "this is our turf!" vibe...i dont want longboarding to turn into surfing in that respect. Spots are meant to be shared, and we were all noobs at one point. The current noobs just need to show some respect to those of us who are showing them spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skanonymous View Post
    Just so you know, Maxxspeed offers happy endings with all of their boards. It's great seeing the owner of a company take a firm grip of his customer-base, pushing and pulling until success splatters on his face and down his chin.

Maxxspeed Skateboards

Maxxspeed "Fat Elvis"Maxxspeed GarudaMaxxspeed 24" MiniMaxxspeed Slalom V.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think when the kid broke his leg, that one got alot of attention. Now you have Senior Citizens on golf carts patroling the area all day long. The have walkie talkies and call the PD immediately. Plus the flyers urging all longboarders to unite and come have a session in the evening did no good. It was a good run. Man was it good. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Skip Engblom : They wanted it gone, man, they wanted it gone.

Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait, they actually handed out flyers?

lol.
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teach them your ways Eddie!
    Whenever I see a noob. I always educate them!
    How to bomb, what they need, what they don't need!
    As much wiser skaters we should all show them. Not just let it go on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many of them. Plus they are BAD. They are voting off the City Commissioner who opposes skateboarding out there you know. Once a spot is blown out. You stay gone. Let the newbs go at it. Most do not listen. They know it all. The flyers inviting everyone out there for a sess did not help. I will miss it, but shall return some day. Just laying low for now. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Martinez View Post
    Once a spot is blown out. You stay gone. Let the newbs go at it. Most do not listen. They know it all.
    I find this part in specific worth repeating since you can not help and or give guidance those who are not willing to accept it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth is, we all sucked at some point. Sucked really bad. And you can look at this two ways: yea, I know, they blew a spot-I lived in a place where no spot isn't already patrolled, it feels like. Anywhere good is somewhere you get busted. But at the same time, there are fast cyclists pissed at slow ones in the bike lane, for example. Happens everywhere. Experienced people have to deal with the inexperienced. And when knowledgeable people alienate the ignorant, regardless of their numbers, they'll stay ignorant. I'm sure you know how uninformed the average longboarder is. And they stay that way until people like the ones on this site inform them. They multiply because nobody tries to teach them. And they'll keep coming back either way, so it's worth trying.
    The closest I come to being black is surfing blacktop
    Because I have to keep my head cocked and watch out for angry cops.
    If not I'm burning on that hood white hot
    And I'm wondering what I did just to get myself caught.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a good run. I started skating out there back in 2000. I was 40 yrs old. Took many a road rash home with me back then. I may close it off for Go Skateboarding Day. I did that back in 2004. 7 People and a stray dog came out to watch us skate. LEGALLY. For that day. How times have changed. It was memorable. Keith Hollien, Mike Money, Marcos Soulsby Monroy, Gumby all were slaloming down the bike trail. Who knows? It could happen again. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Orchestrating the Magic Capo di Tutti Posto Bookworm's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KKoosh View Post
    Truth is, we all sucked at some point. Sucked really bad. And you can look at this two ways: yea, I know, they blew a spot-I lived in a place where no spot isn't already patrolled, it feels like. Anywhere good is somewhere you get busted. But at the same time, there are fast cyclists pissed at slow ones in the bike lane, for example. Happens everywhere. Experienced people have to deal with the inexperienced. And when knowledgeable people alienate the ignorant, regardless of their numbers, they'll stay ignorant. I'm sure you know how uninformed the average longboarder is. And they stay that way until people like the ones on this site inform them. They multiply because nobody tries to teach them. And they'll keep coming back either way, so it's worth trying.
    except people don't call the cops on cyclists.
    MagicSkateCo.
    www.ShredMagic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Down & Dirty View Post
    When I die, I want to be buried in this thread

TuTone Skateboards I Support The Fish
    Concrete Kahuna
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i return, the kooks i shall burn, and i'll destroy all the spots in the are-o
    - Anton Milioti

www.tutoneskateboards.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keeping my goooood spots in the dl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who do stupid s*** on our hills get skull f***ed, but they also get fair warning.
    Instagram: @adrian_da_kine

Quote Originally Posted by MalakaiKingston View Post
    Responsibility at its core is always a question of personal responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by URBS
    [11:55 AM] Bonz so hard mothereaglesharkers wanna fine me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Shoot a Shotgun | eHow.com

Involuntary Manslaughter Laws | eHow.com
    Some states have statutes defining additional specific types of involuntary manslaughter. For example, Texas Penal Code section 49.08 says if a person is intoxicated and by reason of that intoxication causes the death of another person, he is guilty of intoxication manslaughter, a second-degree felony.

Second degree felony...that's a MAXIMUM of 20 years in Texas if your lawyer is half decent. A few years of free food and you get to feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you get out.
    NOVA Bombers
    Kids of the Future
    Virginia Tech

I took a BAD fall on 05/24/08 on Mount Baker in WA. I lapsed into a coma, lacerated my liver, and badly broke my pelvis, etc. I was a hair's breadth from death on the mountain and again later in the hospital. The rehab therapists had to teach me how to do everything again... everything.

I survived that crash because of my helmet. WEAR ONE and send your family and loved ones to the hospital, not the morgue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ADVERTISEMENT

OUR SPONSORS